Brompton Touch Up : Small Chips
If you use your Brompton regularly, it is inevitable to acquire scratches and dents. We now have a solution to help owners of new and old Bromptons address deep scratches with our paint touchup service.
We have tested the color matching with our fleet of Brompton Bicycles to ensure the best possible match. We use locally sourced 1k paint which is suitable for the Brompton frame. This is the process of how we handle small scratches:
- Clean and degrease area
- Wet sand with a courser grit to address any rust issues
- Start with touch-up colors ( several coats )
- Further sanding to ensure an even coat of paint
- Rubbing compound to remove remaining unevenness and fine scratches
- Polish it. touch-up job and help to restore the shiny finish to the surrounding paint.
Touch up services may range from $40 to $80 depending on issue at hand. An onsite assessment is required. Touch-up services may be engaged during your regular Brompton Cleaning and Maintenance programme or during our Workshops.